Thanksgiving is all about a feast with loved ones. So, if you are hosting the meal this year, why do not try a traditional Thanksgiving dinner menu to follow our lead to prepare a feast everyone will be thankful to have received.
From the star of the show, the classic turkey, to the side dishes Thanksgiving dinner menu is never complete without; we have got it all covered but is a tastier and easier way.
A traditional Thanksgiving dinner menu includes the following dishes.
- Roast Turkey Or Ham
- Turkey Stuffing
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans Or Veggies
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Dinner Rolls
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pumpkin Pie
Hosting a Thanksgiving dinner can be overwhelming. There will be a lot on your plate before everyone's plate can be filled. So, we are here to give you a helping hand.
From classic roast Turkey right down to the pecan or pumpkin pie, we will list the most festive yet no-fuss and straightforward dishes. Ready to win the Thanksgiving dinner chef of the year award?
Give way to the easy Thanksgiving menus
01 Roast Turkey
- 1 whole turkey
- 1 cup salted butter sliced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the turkey on the roasting pan.
- Loosen the skin from the breast. Insert butter cubes between the skin and meat.
- In a bowl, stir paprika, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Sprinkle it on the turkey and rub it thoroughly.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
02 Turkey Stuffing
- 1 loaf bread. Diced
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 5 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 lb chopped sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups Swanson® Tuscan Chicken Flavor Infused Broth
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add onion, celery, and a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Now pour the veggies into a bowl and add sausages to the pan and cook it for 7-8 minutes until brown.
- Add the sausages to the veggies.
- Add the diced bread, parsley, and eggs to the bowl as well.
- Pour the broth and let them soak it.
- Mix it thoroughly. Pour into a baking pan, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 mins.
Enjoy unbelievably heavenly turkey stuffing!
03 Mashed Potatoes
- 1 big potato
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 80ml milk
- 1 Tsp salt
- Pepper - a few shakes
- Boil diced potato in water.
- Mash it using a masher.
- Don't cool it off. Add butter and mix thoroughly.
- Add milk and keep mixing.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
Creamy side dish for Thanksgiving dinner is ready to be served.
04 Turkey Gravy
The Thanksgiving dinner menu is incomplete without a mouthwatering gravy to compliment the turkey.
- ¼ cup turkey drippings (fat and juices from roasted turkey)
- ¼ Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups liquid (juices from roasted turkey, broth, water)
- ½ teaspoon salt, or less, if using turkey drippings
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pour turkey drippings into the pan and cook on low heat.
- Add 2 cups of turkey broth with constant stirring.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
05 Roasted Veggies
A savory roasted dish for your mouthwatering Thanksgiving dinner menu
- 1 lb red bliss potatoes
- 5 cup Brussels sprouts
- 3 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1 sweet potato
- ½ onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp basil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Dice all the veggies and spread in a baking pan.
- Pour olive oil. Add all the herbs. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
06 Sweet Potato Casserole
Who doesn't love a Thanksgiving casserole?
- 5-6 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tbsp butter
- 5 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
Ingredients--For the topping
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup pecans
- 4 tbsp butter
- Boil the sweet potatoes, peel and mash them. Stir in butter, sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well and pour into a baking tray.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, chopped pecans, and butter. Mix and spread evenly on the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 mins at 350 degrees F.
A crunchy salad to munch through is a must for the Thanksgiving dinner menu. A colorful and crunchy salad to delight your guests.
- 1 small green cabbage
- ¾ cup toasted and sliced almonds
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Kosher salt and pepper
Ingredients--For the dressing
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ medium red onion, finely chopped
- Make the dressing- Whisk oil, vinegar, maple syrup, and mustard. Add onion and mix.
- Make the salad- Cut thin slices of the cabbage. Add shredded cabbage, almonds, cranberries, and parsley to the dressing bowl. Mix well to combine.
08 Dinner Rolls
Soft and buttery dinner rolls that melt in your mouth are perfect for Thanksgiving foods for kids.
- 1 tablespoon rapid-rise yeast
- 3 tablespoons white granulated sugar, divided*
- 1/2 cup warm water (110-115˚F)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour (or all-purpose four)
- Mix yeast, warm water, and 1 tbsp sugar in a large bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix the butter and milk in another bowl, microwave it to melt butter. Add remaining sugar, and salt then stir.
- Add this mixture to the yeast bowl. Add flour and knead lightly.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover and let it rise for 45 minutes.
- Roll the dough on a smooth surface and cut out dough balls.
- Place in a baking tray. Cover and let it rise for 30 mins.
- Bake for 20 mins in the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Once baked, brush it with butter.
09 Cranberry Sauce
Some finger-licking good sauce to compliment your Thanksgiving dinner.
- 1 (12oz) pkg fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Rinse and add cranberries to a pot. Add orange juice, sugar, and white sugar. Boil on high flame.
- Keep cooking at a medium flame for 15 mins or until a paste forms.
- Remove the foam forming at the surface.
- Move to a bowl and cool it.
10 Pumpkin Pie
No Thanksgiving dinner menu is complete without a classic pie.
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp cold water
- For Filling
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ salt
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 15 oz pumpkin
- 15 oz evaporated milk
- Add salt and oil to the flour. Mix and then add cold water. Knead lightly and spread as a pie crust in the pan.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and add all the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly and pour over the pie crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 1 min then at 350 degrees F for another 45 mins.
- Cool it down.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
Record your Thanksgiving dinner preparations to share on your social media account or just for memories. Inspire others to learn from your Thanksgiving dinner menu. Show people how a traditional Thanksgiving menu can be turned up a notch. Just record and then let Wondershare VidAir handle the edits.
VidAir is an online video editor with free templates. You can add music or catchy captions. Adding filters will give your video a cinematic and refined look.
Easy to use VidAir in just 4 steps.
Step 1 Log in or SignUp for free
On your browser, open VidAir, and log in. If you don't have an account, SignUp for free.
Step 2 Choose Template
In the Categories tab, choose a template that best suits your video requirements. Click on it, select a resolution and tap UseThisTemplate.
Step 3 Save and Export
Now upload your recorded video. Add audio from the library or upload upbeat music of your choice. Add captions and customize font size and style to make it fancy and attractive. Add filters or fade in and out effect for a cinematic look.
Finally, hit Export in the top right corner.
Let this Thanksgiving dinner be the feast for eyes as well as guests. I mentioned some of the most delicious Thanksgiving easy side dishes you can prepare in a jiffy.
Go ahead and prepare a classically spectacular Thanksgiving dinner for your loved ones.
Thank us later!